- Regular and Junior participants have the following submission limits
- Regular participants have a limit of 3 entries per category. (Maximum 12 per participant)
- Junior participants have a limit of 1 entry based on categories 1. Earths bounty 2. Fabulous Fish 3. Market magic 4. Food portrait. (Maximum 4 per participant)
- Same photograph can be entered in more than one category.
- All photographs must be entered at one time.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the participant.
- Photographs can be taken from any source including scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints.
- Photographs must be in digital format, 2MB or smaller, preferably in JPEG or JPG format, and must have a resolution of at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction are acceptable, as is cropping.
- Watermarks are not acceptable. If a non-watermarked version of the entry is not received within 10 days following its request, the entry will be disqualified.
- Any changes to the original Photograph not itemized are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible in the competition.
- No changes to entries are permitted after the submission is made. Should you require any changes to your entries, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes may or may not be allowed.
- By entering the Contest, the participant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The GCC Food Photography Competition 2016 is being organized by MACADAM WLL.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of MACADAM WLL, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The entries in each Category will judged separately, in accordance with the Judging Criteria.
- All entries must be submitted and received by October 20, 2016 at 11:59:00 p.m. GMT.
- Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. MACADAM WLL reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
- The GCC Food Photographer of the Year 2016 contest begins June 01, 2016 at 01:00:00 a.m. GMT and ends October 20, 2016, 11:59:00 p.m. GMT. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules ("Terms & Conditions").
- The Grand Prize winner will receive, in addition to the title ‘GCC Food Photographer of the Year 2016’, a cash award and/or sponsored gifts.
- The First Place winner in each Category will each receive trophies and gifts.
- All first place winner will receive one year subscription of Jamie magazine.
Please check the terms and conditions for the GCC Food Photography Competition 2016 for more details.
Terms and Conditions
The GCC Food Photography Competition 2016 is organized by MACADAM WLL.
- If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.
- If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- Upon MACADAM's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within 10 calendar days of receipt of MACADAM's request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, authorizing MACADAM and its licensees ("Authorized Parties") to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the Contest and selection of an alternate winner. Similarly, upon MACADAM's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within 10 calendar days of receipt of MACADAM's request) a signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in the photograph entry, authorizing any Authorized Party to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Finally, Upon MACADAM's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within 10 calendar days of receipt of MACADAM's request) a signed written license from the owner of any private property included in the photograph entry, authorizing any Authorized Party to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known.
Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- For the purposes of these Official Rules, the entrant will be deemed to be in receipt of MACADAM's request or notification, (a) in the event that MACADAM sends the request by postal mail, 5 business days after the request was sent by MACADAM, or (b) in the event that MACADAM sends the request by email, on the day that the email was sent by MACADAM.
- NONCOMPLIANCE OR RETURN OF PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE, WHETHER BY REGULAR MAIL OR BY EMAIL, MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER.
- No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by winners permitted. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, MACADAM WLL, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal monetary value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant a non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to:
- Display at a potential exhibition of winners;
- Publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest;
- Online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest.
Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant's "moral rights" in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party's website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
The photographer will always be the owner of the image and the submitted image shall not be used for any commercial purpose.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless MACADAM WLL and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- MACADAM WLL assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
- MACADAM WLL is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person’s computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
- THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the forum for any dispute shall be in the Kingdom of Bahrain. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or on connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply. Entries void if MACADAM WLL determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins that MACADAM WLL may use the winning photographs and each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibiteD by law). All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within 10 days to a winner notification as required by the "Contest Prizes" Rules above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and MACADAM WLL, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
- MACADAM WLL reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MACADAM WLL that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, MACADAM WLL reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If MACADAM WLL elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, MACADAM WLL will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted with each entry.
- Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules.
- The data may also be used by MACADAM WLL in order to verify the participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by MACADAM WLL by writing to MACADAM WLL, PO Box 75453, Kingdom of Bahrain. Personal data will be used by MACADAM WLL and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.